Buying a house with Tenants on Assured ShortHold Lease

Landlord Expert
By Landlord Expert January 7, 2013 14:39

Can you advice whether I should buy this property.

Apparently the letting agency has them on a six month contract, and it is 5 months in.

At the end of the 5 months they should leave.

As a buyer of the house do I need to do anything, does the contract need to change to have me in. Im looking to buy the house and move in.

is there anything legal I need to do, Im aware that it is a letting agency, and that they have a contract between the old landlord and the tenants.
What do I need to do to reflect the change and that I am the new landlord.


Landlord Expert
By Landlord Expert January 7, 2013 14:39

Membership Login

Register| Forgot Password?

Recent Member Comments

  • Philip Haworth { Is there a letter to raise order for possession of the property. }
  • User AvatarLandlord Expert { We do not know of any issues. There have been 3 questions submitted today and have been published although I see none for you. Providing... } – Apr 20, 4:51 PM
  • User AvatarJazz Sounds { Is something wrong with your site? In your "ask a question" section I am unable to post my question. I am also unable to view... } – Apr 18, 10:37 AM
  • User AvatarDiane Lo { Tenant sublet his room to airnub guest without my knowledge. The airnub guest injured her foot and is now trying to claim compensation from us.... } – Apr 05, 10:55 AM
  • User Avatardenise minton { A boiler at my flat broke and it took 3 plumbers before one finally could have the time to repair it. My tenant was without... } – Feb 13, 9:04 PM
  • Older »

News Archive