Rent from evicted tenants

Landlord Expert
By Landlord Expert January 11, 2013 11:12

I have served notice on three student tenants under a Assured Shorthold Tenancy due to drugs in the house. I have spoken to the police and University and been advised that I am entitled to ask for rent until I can replace the tenants (ie after they have left). Is this correct? The Tenancy Agreement was for a fixed term of 12 months and they have only been in for 4 months.

Landlord Expert
By Landlord Expert January 11, 2013 11:12

Membership Login

Register| Forgot Password?


Recent Member Comments

  • Carlo Gaudiano { Dear Landlord Expert. I have two tenants in a spacious 2 double bedroom garden flat. I want to allow them to sublet the 2nd double... }
  • User AvatarJohn Walters { need advice on a difficult situation please. I have a very difficult and aggressive tenant in Bolton who refuses to pay rent or move out... } – Jun 01, 10:41 AM
  • Philip Haworth { Is there a letter to raise order for possession of the property. }
  • User AvatarLandlord Expert { We do not know of any issues. There have been 3 questions submitted today and have been published although I see none for you. Providing... } – Apr 20, 4:51 PM
  • User AvatarJazz Sounds { Is something wrong with your site? In your "ask a question" section I am unable to post my question. I am also unable to view... } – Apr 18, 10:37 AM
  • Older »

News Archive