Please help!

Landlord Expert
By Landlord Expert August 7, 2013 18:49

Hi, I am a new landlord and I am looking for some advice on my current situation.

My tenants moved in four days ago and are saying that they want me to provide and pay for plumbing for their washing machine.
There is a gap in the units however no plumbing. As a landlord am I obliged to do this for them?
They signed the tenancy agreement and the house is exactly the same as when they signed, according to my agent they assumed there would be plumbing however at no point was I asked if there was.

I just want to know if I am obliged to do this for them? From what I have found so far online I dont think that I am, as the house is safe gas wise, electrically wise and structurally.

Please help as I am new to this and dont know where I stand with this.

Thanks in advance!

Landlord Expert
By Landlord Expert August 7, 2013 18:49

Membership Login

Register| Forgot Password?


Recent Member Comments

  • Carlo Gaudiano { Dear Landlord Expert. I have two tenants in a spacious 2 double bedroom garden flat. I want to allow them to sublet the 2nd double... }
  • User AvatarJohn Walters { need advice on a difficult situation please. I have a very difficult and aggressive tenant in Bolton who refuses to pay rent or move out... } – Jun 01, 10:41 AM
  • Philip Haworth { Is there a letter to raise order for possession of the property. }
  • User AvatarLandlord Expert { We do not know of any issues. There have been 3 questions submitted today and have been published although I see none for you. Providing... } – Apr 20, 4:51 PM
  • User AvatarJazz Sounds { Is something wrong with your site? In your "ask a question" section I am unable to post my question. I am also unable to view... } – Apr 18, 10:37 AM
  • Older »

News Archive