Advice on damaged property

Landlord Expert
By Landlord Expert September 1, 2013 13:38


I would be very grateful for your advice.

I have a property that has been recently vacated by a tenant who has caused approximately £3000 of damage (as quoted by local contractors to put things right).

The tenant was found for us by a recognised management agency who we employed for a full management service (full service being tenant vetting, rent collection and property management). The property was occupied by the tenant from Dec 2012 to Dec 2013.

During this time we have had concerns about the management company and the service they provide and now believe no inspection of our property has been carried out during the term of this tenancy. Only upon the tenant leaving has all the damage been identified.

The tenants deposit is £800 leaving me £2200 out of pocket.

What is my best course of action?

Landlord Expert
By Landlord Expert September 1, 2013 13:38

Membership Login

Register| Forgot Password?


Recent Member Comments

  • Carlo Gaudiano { Dear Landlord Expert. I have two tenants in a spacious 2 double bedroom garden flat. I want to allow them to sublet the 2nd double... }
  • User AvatarJohn Walters { need advice on a difficult situation please. I have a very difficult and aggressive tenant in Bolton who refuses to pay rent or move out... } – Jun 01, 10:41 AM
  • Philip Haworth { Is there a letter to raise order for possession of the property. }
  • User AvatarLandlord Expert { We do not know of any issues. There have been 3 questions submitted today and have been published although I see none for you. Providing... } – Apr 20, 4:51 PM
  • User AvatarJazz Sounds { Is something wrong with your site? In your "ask a question" section I am unable to post my question. I am also unable to view... } – Apr 18, 10:37 AM
  • Older »

News Archive