New Tenancy

Landlord Expert
By Landlord Expert July 1, 2014 21:51

Hi Update on my case.

I have been in contact with both the tenant and the Council. It has been agreed that the Housing Benefit can be paid direct to me, but I must now draw up a Tenancy Agreement with the tenant in order to get the money which will be backdated to the time that the new Tenancy starts with the existing tenants, and as a result of the expiry of the Section 21 that London Housing Solutions (LHS)issued them 3 months ago.

I am loathe to issue a tenancy to this tenant as there is so much work that needs to be be carried out on the property as London Housing Solutions did not maintain the property as it should have, and I do not have the money to do so and it will be such an inconvenience all round. Will be seeking advise on this.

However, my advice for other owners is to contact their tenant(s) and ask them to ask Housing Benefits to put a suspension on the payments being made to this company because LHS have gone into Liquidation/Receivership.

Then contact the Housing Benefits Section informing them that you are the owner and the company has gone into Liquidation/Receivership and that you wish for the rent to be paid direct to you and the tenant is in agreement to this. You can do this by email, but they (the Council)are not quick to respond!

Eventually they will write to you asking you to provide your bank details and to send in a Tenancy Agreement with the form. Then it is just a matter of waiting!!!

If anyone else can add to this, please do so.

Landlord Expert
By Landlord Expert July 1, 2014 21:51

Membership Login

Register| Forgot Password?


Recent Member Comments

  • Carlo Gaudiano { Dear Landlord Expert. I have two tenants in a spacious 2 double bedroom garden flat. I want to allow them to sublet the 2nd double... }
  • User AvatarJohn Walters { need advice on a difficult situation please. I have a very difficult and aggressive tenant in Bolton who refuses to pay rent or move out... } – Jun 01, 10:41 AM
  • Philip Haworth { Is there a letter to raise order for possession of the property. }
  • User AvatarLandlord Expert { We do not know of any issues. There have been 3 questions submitted today and have been published although I see none for you. Providing... } – Apr 20, 4:51 PM
  • User AvatarJazz Sounds { Is something wrong with your site? In your "ask a question" section I am unable to post my question. I am also unable to view... } – Apr 18, 10:37 AM
  • Older »

News Archive