Bishop & Sewell Solicitors
F: +44 (0)20 7636 5369
Landlord & Tenant Law
The legal relationship of Landlord and Tenant is subject to a vast array of case law and statute. At Bishop & Sewell LLP our objective is always to explain to our clients clearly (and in non-technical language wherever possible) the applicable principles and available options in any given case, so that an informed decision can be made.
With a wealth of over 25 years’ experience of property related matters, contentious and non-contentious issues relating to landlord and tenant are part of the everyday work of our London Solicitors. In instructing our dispute resolution solicitors to deal with your matter you will be buying into our collective knowledge and experience. We will never lose sight of the commercial benefits in any given matter when advising you as to the best course of action to take.
Landlord and Tenant Law Experience
The Landlord and Tenant team at Bishop & Sewell LLP deal with a variety of contentious and non-contentious matters relating to property. In particular we have experience of the following:-
- Service charge disputes – commercial and residential
- Possession actions – commercial and residential
- Cases where there is a breach of the terms of a lease – e.g. unauthorised subletting, assignment, or alterations
- The forfeiture of leases – commercial and residential
- Terminal dilapidations
- The renewal of commercial leases under the Landlord and Tenant Act 1954
- The grant (or refusal, where appropriate) of licences to alter, sublet or assign a lease
- Tenant default and insolvency
- Litigation arising out of leasehold reform matters; e.g. applications for vesting orders etc.
The Central London team of solicitors act regularly for both landlord and tenants, from the larger commercial portfolio landlord to tenant run freehold management companies. The firm also has established links with a wide range of property managers.