Back to homepage

Can the council force me to change a heating sysytem

Questions & AnswersCategory: General QuestionsCan the council force me to change a heating sysytem
TIM Wilkens asked 2 years ago

I let a property to a single Mother with 3 kids who recieve housing benefit. The heating system is electric and not the cheapest to run so she has not used the heating and just heated the living room with a super sir,With the obvous condensation problems.
This has caused mould to grow all over the house and noe she has been to housing complaining that the house is not habitable because of the mould.
The council have inspected and said we need to clean the mold and also spend thousands on replacing the heating for one which is cheaper to run.
What I need to know is where do I stand if I refuse as the cost looks like being 8-10k which I just dont have.

Membership Login

Register| Forgot Password?

Recent Member Comments

  • Philip Haworth { Is there a letter to raise order for possession of the property. }
  • User AvatarLandlord Expert { We do not know of any issues. There have been 3 questions submitted today and have been published although I see none for you. Providing... } – Apr 20, 4:51 PM
  • User AvatarJazz Sounds { Is something wrong with your site? In your "ask a question" section I am unable to post my question. I am also unable to view... } – Apr 18, 10:37 AM
  • User AvatarDiane Lo { Tenant sublet his room to airnub guest without my knowledge. The airnub guest injured her foot and is now trying to claim compensation from us.... } – Apr 05, 10:55 AM
  • User Avatardenise minton { A boiler at my flat broke and it took 3 plumbers before one finally could have the time to repair it. My tenant was without... } – Feb 13, 9:04 PM
  • Older »

News Archive