Back to homepage

housing benefit clawback from landlord

Questions & AnswersCategory: General Questionshousing benefit clawback from landlord
Sound Service asked 3 months ago

I wonder if you could help me with a question regarding Housing Benefit and rent arrears and if not pass this on to someone who can. I work for a landlord who has received a letter from the local council "Agreement for the payment of Housing Benefit Direct to the Landlord" and we believe that if the tenant is 8 weeks in arrears we would be able to receive the tenants housing benefit without having to sign the form. Do you know if this is correct?
Also do you know the rules on Housing Benefit claw backs as we believe if we sign this form we have no rights as landlords when it comes to Housing Benefit over payment, even if we weren't to know the tenants circumstances. I have heard about regulation 101 and wondered if you had any more information on this.

Membership Login

Register| Forgot Password?

Recent Member Comments

  • Philip Haworth { Is there a letter to raise order for possession of the property. }
  • User AvatarLandlord Expert { We do not know of any issues. There have been 3 questions submitted today and have been published although I see none for you. Providing... } – Apr 20, 4:51 PM
  • User AvatarJazz Sounds { Is something wrong with your site? In your "ask a question" section I am unable to post my question. I am also unable to view... } – Apr 18, 10:37 AM
  • User AvatarDiane Lo { Tenant sublet his room to airnub guest without my knowledge. The airnub guest injured her foot and is now trying to claim compensation from us.... } – Apr 05, 10:55 AM
  • User Avatardenise minton { A boiler at my flat broke and it took 3 plumbers before one finally could have the time to repair it. My tenant was without... } – Feb 13, 9:04 PM
  • Older »

News Archive