Back to homepage


Carol Chapman asked 4 months ago

Hi, we have a tenant, who has been in the flat for just under two years.  Originally 6 month AST agreement, but thereafter we agreed a rolling one month notice on either side. We now need to give them notice, but looking into it, there is so much conflicting info that suggests we need to give 6 weeks or 8 weeks/2 months... Does our original and existing agreement still stand or do recent changes mean we have to give more notice....?  Also, do we need to give a reason for asking them to leave?

Membership Login

Register| Forgot Password?

Recent Member Comments

  • Carlo Gaudiano { Dear Landlord Expert. I have two tenants in a spacious 2 double bedroom garden flat. I want to allow them to sublet the 2nd double... }
  • User AvatarJohn Walters { need advice on a difficult situation please. I have a very difficult and aggressive tenant in Bolton who refuses to pay rent or move out... } – Jun 01, 10:41 AM
  • Philip Haworth { Is there a letter to raise order for possession of the property. }
  • User AvatarLandlord Expert { We do not know of any issues. There have been 3 questions submitted today and have been published although I see none for you. Providing... } – Apr 20, 4:51 PM
  • User AvatarJazz Sounds { Is something wrong with your site? In your "ask a question" section I am unable to post my question. I am also unable to view... } – Apr 18, 10:37 AM
  • Older »

News Archive