Back to homepage

Remove agency but remain with tenant

Questions & AnswersCategory: General QuestionsRemove agency but remain with tenant
Navina Acabarali asked 3 years ago

My husband and I put our house on rent with an estate agent but we have had lots of problems with them and our tenants are complaining about the agency too. We would like to remove the agency but remain with the tenants but have been "advised" by the agency the only way this can happen is to either evict the tenant (which we dont want to do as they pay on time and are really good) or pay an exit fee of £742.50 to change the service level.
In my opinion that seems a little steep. Is there anything we could do to avoid paying such a hefty amount? 

Membership Login

Register| Forgot Password?

Recent Member Comments

  • Philip Haworth { Is there a letter to raise order for possession of the property. }
  • User AvatarLandlord Expert { We do not know of any issues. There have been 3 questions submitted today and have been published although I see none for you. Providing... } – Apr 20, 4:51 PM
  • User AvatarJazz Sounds { Is something wrong with your site? In your "ask a question" section I am unable to post my question. I am also unable to view... } – Apr 18, 10:37 AM
  • User AvatarDiane Lo { Tenant sublet his room to airnub guest without my knowledge. The airnub guest injured her foot and is now trying to claim compensation from us.... } – Apr 05, 10:55 AM
  • User Avatardenise minton { A boiler at my flat broke and it took 3 plumbers before one finally could have the time to repair it. My tenant was without... } – Feb 13, 9:04 PM
  • Older »

News Archive