Back to homepage


Questions & AnswersCategory: Tenancy Agreementsrolling-monthly-notice-period
Ydelle Murrin asked 3 months ago

We have a rolling month by month agreement with our tenant specifying both parties must give 1 months notice to terminate. Unfortunately our tenant has defaulted on payment & we had to give notice. They are now advising they cannot move out on the agreed date. We are looking to submit a section 21 in case we have to get a court order. My question is: do we give another months notice with the s21 or does it have to be 2 months notice despite our tenancy agreement. Thanks.

Membership Login

Register| Forgot Password?

Recent Member Comments

  • User AvatarJohn Walters { need advice on a difficult situation please. I have a very difficult and aggressive tenant in Bolton who refuses to pay rent or move out... } – Jun 01, 10:41 AM
  • Philip Haworth { Is there a letter to raise order for possession of the property. }
  • User AvatarLandlord Expert { We do not know of any issues. There have been 3 questions submitted today and have been published although I see none for you. Providing... } – Apr 20, 4:51 PM
  • User AvatarJazz Sounds { Is something wrong with your site? In your "ask a question" section I am unable to post my question. I am also unable to view... } – Apr 18, 10:37 AM
  • User AvatarDiane Lo { Tenant sublet his room to airnub guest without my knowledge. The airnub guest injured her foot and is now trying to claim compensation from us.... } – Apr 05, 10:55 AM
  • Older »

News Archive