Managing Agency Gone Into Liquidation

Landlord Expert
By Landlord Expert August 12, 2013 19:13


I was informed last month that the Housing Agents (London Housing Solutions) who managed my property had gone into liquidation. They were always late in paying the rent owning to me and previously said that this was the fault of the tenant. In the past I had received payment upto 2 weeks later than the Agreement date I had with them, when I called them in November for the October payment, I was told by a third party that they had gone into liquidation.

This tenant had been served a Section 21 by the then Agents, as it seem to me that they had plans to wind-up the business anyway. The Section 21 expired on 6 December 2013.

I had been in contact with the tenant in November as soon as I was told of the situation and asked her to cease paying any further rent to them, she did not action my request and I find that payments have gone to this company. I had contacted the Council about this and wrote both to the tenant, sending a copy to the council informing them of the situation.

I also sent an email to the Housing Benefits Sections informing them to stop payments and to contact me for further information, but they did not so I called them and told them that I had sent an email on 25 November and wanted to know what they needed from me to ensure that no further payments were made to the Agency.

They said that the tenant would have to contact them in order to confirm that she wanted a suspension put on the account and that payments should be made to me. I am waiting on a call from this tenant, and will call her on Monday (10 December 2013).

The Managing Agents were meant to maintain the property and I find out they did not, there is a lot of work that is now required to be done and I am not happy about this neither can I afford it. They should also at the end of the Section 21 have returned my property to me with all works made good, of course that is now not going to happen.

I would like to know what I should do now to regain my property to carry out the work and as the Agreement is not with me and the tenant, where this tenant stands.

Thank you.

Landlord Expert
By Landlord Expert August 12, 2013 19:13

Membership Login

Register| Forgot Password?


Recent Member Comments

  • User AvatarDave Osbourne { Had a blocked gully which tenant ignored after recent rain had the lounge and hall partly flooded the floor is going to be replaced but... } – Oct 16, 4:47 PM
  • User AvatarFiona Bullock { Dear Sir, I have received a text and email from my tenants saying they wish to end their tenancy of 3 years with effect from... } – Jul 05, 12:55 PM
  • User Avatarchristine clare timmins { Hi Rahima - Did you manage to resolve your problem? I am new to this site and saw your dilemma - we are about to... } – Jun 28, 9:12 PM
  • User AvatarShani Zvi { Hey, I need an advise regarding the TDS registration. The agency I'm working with claims that they need to register the tenant Zero Deposit scheme... } – Jun 04, 11:43 AM
  • Amanda Harrison { Advise needed }
  • Older »

News Archive