Section 48 Notice

Landlord Expert
By Landlord Expert September 10, 2013 11:24

I have just bought a property and inherited the tenant who is now refusing to sign the new STA. She has paid rent and is still in the flat. I believe I can takeover her previous STA from the vendor with a section 48 notice under Landlord and tenant act 1987.

Does she have any rights as a sitting tenant? Can I evict her

Landlord Expert
By Landlord Expert September 10, 2013 11:24


Recent Member Comments

  • User AvatarDave Osbourne { Had a blocked gully which tenant ignored after recent rain had the lounge and hall partly flooded the floor is going to be replaced but... } – Oct 16, 4:47 PM
  • User AvatarFiona Bullock { Dear Sir, I have received a text and email from my tenants saying they wish to end their tenancy of 3 years with effect from... } – Jul 05, 12:55 PM
  • User Avatarchristine clare timmins { Hi Rahima - Did you manage to resolve your problem? I am new to this site and saw your dilemma - we are about to... } – Jun 28, 9:12 PM
  • User AvatarShani Zvi { Hey, I need an advise regarding the TDS registration. The agency I'm working with claims that they need to register the tenant Zero Deposit scheme... } – Jun 04, 11:43 AM
  • Amanda Harrison { Advise needed }
  • Older »

News Archive